Saturday, March 17, 2012

Product Review: Giorgio Armani Face Fabric

I'd been meaning to try Armani's Face Fabric since it was released back in 2008, but I always ended up purchasing other foundation instead. Having heard great reviews about it, I was excited to finally try it out for myself. Face Fabric is definitely different from any other foundation I've used in the past, so I have slightly mixed feelings on this one.

The good?
  • The packaging is SO convenient! The sleek plastic tube can be thrown carelessly into your cosmetic bag without the fear of breaking a gloss bottle. (NARS, I'm talking to you!)
  • While the sun protection isn't spectacular, I still love that Face Fabric has SPF 12 in it. I'll take all of the anti-aging measures I can get, whether it be from my foundation or moisturizer.
  • You only need a tiny dime-sized bit of product per application- which can be applied with either your fingers or a brush.
  • Smooth, silky texture (due to its silicone base) that is SO lightweight, you feel like you're wearing nothing.
  • Long-lasting.
The bad?
  • While the coverage is fairly buildable, it is very, very light if you only apply one layer. This is great for a natural look, but don't expect it to work miracles.
  • Expect to use concealer with Face Fabric if your skin isn't absolutely perfect.
  • There is a bit of skill necessary when you apply this product- due to the consistency, it sets within seconds. As long as you can work the product in quickly, you should be fine.

My verdict?
 I really like Face Fabric, and expect that I'll like it even more in the summer when I simplify my beauty routine. In the summer, I go for much lighter makeup and become considerably less high-maintenance as I become tan and glowy, so Face Fabric will likely be rotated with my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. That being said, I'm going to use it as a silicone primer/base for now, also using NARS' Sheer Glow sparingly where I need a bit more coverage.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...