Voluspa's Macaron Candle ($32 at specialty boutiques, 12 oz.)I go a little crazy for blankets and candles this time of year... I can never get enough of cozy. This gorgeous, clean-burning Voluspa candle is absolutely no exception. Reminiscent of French macarons (with notes of vanilla and powdered sugar), this one is sweetly fragrant but not cloying. Think sexy, grown-up sweet... not saccharine, a la Aquolina Pink Sugar.

Kiehl's Rosa Arctica ($60 at Saks, 1.7 oz.)
With the combination of chilly weather, Retin-A, and the end of a cold, my skin became a dry, peeling mess this weekend. My old standby of Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream just wasn't cutting it anymore. Having used samples before, I knew Rosa Arctica (similar in consistency to La Mer) was my only saving grace. I purchased it on Saturday afternoon, and by this morning, my skin was back to normal. How's that for effectiveness?! It's actually marketed as an anti-aging cream, claiming to help smooth and firm the skin. While I'm not in need of anti-aging treatments, I love how densely hydrating it is. A tiny bit goes a long way.


YSL Faux Cils Shocking Mascara ($30 at Sephora)
Ughh. I really wanted to like this mascara, but like the original Faux Cils by YSL, the Shocking is a clumpy, icky mess. The wand isn't anything special; if anything, it's just a magnet for tangles. The formula isn't workable, and immediately starts to set the moment it hits your lashes. Buy this if you want spikey, sticky lashes. I think I'll pass, thankyouverymuch. ;)
Bumble and Bumble's Creme de Coco Shampoo & Conditioner ($22 for each, 8 oz.)
I'm selective about nearly everything I use, but hair care is especially important just because I have such a massive amount of hair. Creme de Coco smells great, and claims to be moisturizing. HA. That's a joke. I might as well have used hand soap on my hair, because these two products did absolutely nothing. Back to Victoria's Secret (So Sexy) and Oribe (Brilliance & Shine).
xx

No comments:
Post a Comment