Yesterday, I said goodbye to my dear friend, Felipe, after his courageous battle with brain cancer.
I've written about him before; he inspired me in so many ways. Felipe was kind, vivacious, and a friend to so, so many. He was the one who would BBM me after a rough day. The one who would wrap me in a giant hug every time we met. Felipe lit up the room; I will miss his infectious laugh, his wide smile, he eternal optimism. He truly was one of a kind, and words can't quite describe just how precious of a friend he was to all of us. How lucky we were to share his magic for even just a few years.
A close mutual friend told me something this evening... one of the only things that has brought some comfort in the past few days. "Felipe will live on through us," he wrote. "Everything we do and accomplish will be his accomplishments too. He is a part of everything we do."
And from this point on, he will be.

No comments:
Post a Comment