


It's been a long time coming, but I'm saying farewell to my Ralph Lauren French Pink walls this weekend. Au revoir! Part of this decision is because my home is going on the market soon... and realistically, who wants a house with a pink room if they don't have a little girl? (Uh, except for the fact that apparently I did...) The major factor, though, is that the color has become absolutely suffocating to me. I'm a super visual person, so I'm particularly sensitive to the aesthetic and "feel" of a space... and the pink is absolutely irritating at this point. Not what I'm looking for in my little relaxing haven, right?
This hasn't always been the case... when I finished an entire day's worth of painting with my high school sweetheart back in 2006, I was in absolute heaven. (Er, does heaven have the same feel as the current Miss Dior Cherie ads? heh, probably not.) But what was once inspired by the feminine old-Hollywood budoir feel of Victoria's Secret dressing rooms... now just feels stale and outdated. Don't get me wrong, I'm all about glamour and sparkle- I just feel like my taste has matured and has become a bit more understated.
While I won't be living in this home much longer, I hope to create a room that is reflective of the current me. It's also a bit of a trial run, as it's going to allow me to experiment with this new color palette before I get my own place. Because this move isn't very far off, everything I choose now will inevitably end up in my own home. I've already incorporated new pieces as my style has evolved over the past few years, but I'm excited to add a few new things to complete my vision. Having carefully chosen many household items already, I just want everything to blend into a cozy, glamorous space.
What I'm loving in this design process...
Colors:
Beige, Grey, Cream, Turquoise
Accent Colors:
Black, Pale Pink, Lavender (?)
Fabrics:
Linen, Velvet, Twill
Fabric Prints:
Neutral Baroque Duvet
Chevron Rug
Tufted Pillows
Chevron Rug
Tufted Pillows
Finishes:
Reflective (beveled mirrors, mercury glass, hammered silver, sparkly accents, glass)
Weathered WoodDistressed Painted Wood
I've chosen Martha Stewart's Heavy Goose for the new color, which is a light greige. (Side note, I had to go with Behr paint, as the Stewart line is being discontinued at Home Depot.) Pictures to come!
Some home decor inspiration I've been loving recently:




(Image Sources: Pinterest)
"What is the goal? A house that is like the life that goes with it, a house that gives us beauty as we understand it-- and beauty of a nobler kind that we may grow to understand." -Elsie de Wolfe
xx
No comments:
Post a Comment