Saturday, July 16, 2011

Mini Haul: Skincare

Picked up a few things at Saks today!

I had purchased Bobbi Brown's Lathering Tube Soap, Buffing Grains, and Extra Tinted Moisturizing Balm SPF 25 a week before leaving for LA, and my skin absolutely hated the combination. The Tube Soap leaves your skin feeling (literally) squeaky clean, but the ingredients didn't feel particularly effective compared to my DDF Glycolic Cleanser. I also thought the Bobbi Brown tinted balm would be a great alternative to my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, but it was overly-scented (terrible for my sensitive skin) and left a greasy (not dewy) finish. For whatever reason, my skin rebelled as a result, and I promptly returned the two products today.

I ended up purchasing Kiehl's "Rare Earth" Deep Pore Daily Cleanser and Pore Refining Tonic today, as well as Giorgio Armani's Luminous Silk Foundation. I actually loved Bobbi Brown's buffing grains, and will continue using it in combination with this new skincare regimen. Hoping this will make up for the damage that the Bobbi Brown products did, and will ultimately give me the soft, glowy skin I was after in the first place. Review to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...