Sunday, July 31, 2011

Summertime and the Living is Easy

I've always been one to "stop and smell the roses," but I think I've only become more attune to beauty as I've gotten older. I feel like I'm continually gushing about one thing or another (sorry about that, guys), but I feel like I'm finally enjoying life. Summertime and the living is EASY.

When I first started this blog, it was a place where I wanted to write about beauty... Fekkai hair products, NARS' bronzer, my favorite Chanel lip gloss, my latest Vuitton purchase. Superficial beauty. And while it's absolutely clear that I'm still very much into those things, I feel like my life has taken me in a new direction where I'm finding so much more beauty in things that matter.

An afternoon with my aunt and grandma... Basking in the sun by the pool... Feeling happily exhausted after a great run... Appreciating the grandeur of the Colorado mountains with my best friend... Having dinner with someone that makes me smile... Going to the farmer's market with an old friend... Realizing that I'm a hell of a lot stronger than I ever imagined.

It's great to have nice stuff to look at. I enjoy pretty things as much as the next woman (if not more). But at the end of the day, pretty things are just that: things. They don't make a person who they are. I guess that's what I want to convey with this blog. There is so much beauty in this world, but it's only there if you have your eyes open to it. I don't want to look back on my life in fifty years and wonder what exactly I did with my life. I want to say I lived this life with my entire heart and soul, truly living in the moment of every experience. Life isn't always beautiful (trust me on that one), but there is so much beauty to be taken from every experience.







xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...