Back in April, I submitted my final photography project at UM, "The Beauty of Destruction: A photographic journey to the beautifully tragic ruins of Detroit." I was excited to find that some media sources picked up the series through my Behance portfolio, and it was re-posted on various high-profile design blogs. Still very much a proponent of the revitalization of Detroit, I wanted to further capture the magic I find in Detroit. While the project is called "The Beauty of Destruction," I want to emphasize that not all of Detroit is "destroyed"- beautifully or not- and I hope my photos capture that as well. Detroit is definitely a skeleton of the grand city that it once was, but there is still so much potential and effort being made at this very moment in time. Just photographing the old Michigan Central Station today, I was able to see a significant change in restoration since I first photographed the building on February 13. It is absolutely incredible.
This is just a peek at the second installment of this series, but I wanted to post it here first. Enjoy. =)
xx



No comments:
Post a Comment