Friday, June 17, 2011

Fashion Eval: CHANEL (S/S and PRE-FALL '11)

Chanel Pre-Fall 2011
Chanel's Paris-Byzance Pre-Fall 2011 was just released, and although I can't say I'm a huge fan of this particular capsule, I think there are some definite things to be taken from it. Many of the pieces are very unstructured and done in thick wool and tweed, something I'm not very impressed with. However, the Boho/Grecian styling really needs to be mentioned. Love the combination of black and gold used in this collection; it's a combination that I wear on a constant basis and can never get enough of. The richly colored ornate jewelry is interesting as well. I loved the messy Grecian updo look that Lagerfeld used this season, adding the right mix of messiness and sexiness to an otherwise very visually heavy collection.

Here are my picks from the collection:
 Love the structured coats paired with slim pants and messy updos. Very wearable and imitable look.

 While the first look has a very conservative cut, the styling makes it work. The bib necklace, gold chain belt, and Grecian headband transform a 90's-looking dress into something a bit more fresh. The second look has an artistic, eclectic element that I love.

Chanel S/S 2011
 While I'm always a Lagerfeld lover, I prefer his flirtier spring/summer/resort lines over his moodier fall and winter lines.
 These two looks encompass warm-weather Chanel perfectly. Love the mix of the black floral prints with the trademark tweed, done in a modern cut. I like the combination of the tiny shorts with the more conservative tops. It's sexy and young, but not crass. Always think it's better balance to pick one and bare either more leg OR cleavage.

Black. Classic, and yet interesting cuts. The strap detail on the dress is gorg.

 
The light denim is awful. But the sight of beautiful daddy and baby in matching Chanel blazers? SO sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...