Friday, June 24, 2011

Progression, Not Perfection


I'm an emotional girl; I'm a sucker for sappy girly movies and inevitably tear up in my car after I volunteer at the animal shelter. But despite these things, I always try my best to be strong, to be independent, to show the world that I can handle things on my own. And for the most part, I'd have to say I'm successful when it comes to these things.

I wear my heart on my sleeve, and always have. I'm the softest person when it comes to everyone else, but super strict when it comes to myself. Somewhere along the way, I became caught up trying to live up to this standard that I've created. A bit bizarre, considering I'm the one who has set the bar so high. It's a little difficult for me to admit that I don't always have it figured out, that I can't always be perfect. That bad things can happen to good people, despite the fact I'd be the first to tell you "good energy out, good energy in."

Today, I was more honest and vulnerable than ever. To be honest, that absolutely scares me. But it makes me real. Like everyone else, my life isn't perfect, and it won't ever be. I'll achieve everything on my bucket list, and I'll still be searching for ways to improve my life. That's human nature; to struggle, to thrive, to grow. It's what gives meaning to our lives; it's what makes us appreciate the times that are truly amazing.

Practice progression, not perfection.


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...