Monday, June 20, 2011

Review: Random Skin Products

DDF Glycolic 5% Exfoliating Wash
While I get monthly facials from my AMAZING esthetician, Margot, this cleanser is something that I definitely credit for transforming my skin in the past few months. For whatever reason (or "stress-induced," as Margot says), my skin completely freaked out in February. It was awful, especially since I'd never really had terrible skin. This cleanser made a tremendous difference in just weeks. It's definitely drying because of the glycolic, but it's so worth it if you're trying to get down to the new layers of skin. Now that my skin is almost back to normal, I wouldn't use anything else. (I highly recommend using a great moisturizer with this cleanser - I use Kiehl's Ultra Facial Cream.)  
$35 (+ 20% off coupon code), skinstore.com

Juice Beauty Blemish Clearing Serum
I really, really wanted to like this product, and I was excited to use it because of its natural, organic ingredients. However, this product just didn't make the cut. I started using this product at the end of April, and I still haven't noticed any change in the occasional slight breakouts I'd been having. I like the cool packaging, and the glass bottle and vial are nice to use and aesthetically pleasing. I just can't vouch for a product that really hasn't done anything for me.
$29 (+ 20% off coupon code), skinstore.com

Bliss Fat Girl Slim Firming Cream
I decided to get this about a month before leaving for my Miami getaway, sort of a "let's see if this actually works" type of thing. I was working with a trainer regularly and eating pretty clean, so I can't bash this product. It has a very strong medicinal scent and leaves a tingly feeling to the skin, which makes you think that there must be at least some temporary firming going on. Not so much. That's not to say my legs didn't feel tighter, because they did... but that's because I was doing a zillion squats and lunges daily. I had a feeling this product was a hoax- of course, there's no miracle cream- but I guess I just had to figure that one out on my own. 
$29, Sephora

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...